Thanksgiving to me has always been about Brussel Sprouts...
I didn't really care for the Holiday other than the good food part. Now that I have children Gratitude and Thanksgiving mean a great deal more to me. I am so very grateful for the spirit of the Lord that lead the Pilgrims to this promised land. I am so thankful for our founding fathers and the strength and faith that they had to declare their independence and freedom. I am thankful for the liberty we enjoy in this beautiful land. I am thankful for the guidance of a Living Prophet so that even though our world struggles we can hold fast to the rod and guide our families as the Lord would have us do. I am so VERY THANKFUL to be a mother. My sweet children are the brightest lights. They truly are little Sunbeams, Melody's favorite primary song, and they radiate love and goodness. I am grateful for a loving husband who would do anything for us. He is even going to put lights on our house even though he has no clue what he is doing and doesn't understand my need to have them. I am thankful for my parents and my sisters. I truly love being with them even if I usually end up being the butt of everyone's jokes:) Lets face it I usually deserve it. I hate the thought of missing out on any fun time with them. I am thankful for the fun Thanksgiving we spent yesterday and the awesome time we had this morning on Black Friday. We got amazing deals and I am so much more ready for this season. I had never gone early in the morning on Black Friday before, but I am so happy I have a new tradition. I looked out my bedroom window at 4:30 am this morning and saw the line already going around the side of Target and I wasn't so greatful, but it was so worth it.
November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment