So I have wonderful sisters. Kelli agreed to watch Melody for me today while I took the twins to the dentist. (I will write more of that experience below) Melody was not happy that I was going somewhere with her brother and sister and not her. She manifests her displeasure in behavior. She wet her pants three times today one of those times on Kelli's lap. Grrrrr. I can't let on and say something benevolent like "oh kids will be kids" because I am at my witts end. I have been praying constantly for help with the potty issues and still very little progress has been made. My mother-in-law thinks that bribery is the ticket, which I do not. Every time she is with her grandma she gets promised everything from candy, ice cream to toys and clothes. I do not see how this productive because although she goes perfectly for grandma I do not have the funds to keep it up in her absence and when does the bribing end? So anyway I just wanted to publicly thank my baby sister for aharing in some of my frustration willingly and happily she will never know how much it means.
The Dentist:
I am pleased to report that the twins have healthy cavity free teeth and that I was complimented on doing such a good job of brushing. I really liked the dentist and he was great with my kids. Tommy has got to get rid of the binky wich is much easier said than done. Of all of my children he is the one that I can't let cry for any period of time. I wirry about his Athsma and he is just my angel baby. This will probably be harder on me than him. Miranda still has her bink too, but she is not really attached it is just that whole if he gets it than I want mine too deal. Twins. I will let you know how that goes. The dentist did say that binky or not he will probably still need braces when he is older because of his small mouth. Miranda has no problems so far and we are going to do all that we can to prevent any from happeneing to all of our kids teeth. I am a firm believer that the motuh's health indicator of your body's health. and they all have such cute smiles.
October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















2 comments:
No problem we are there for each other that is what sisters are for.
When my kids were first learning to go potty, I used M&Ms as the bribes. Every time they went pee on the potty, they got 2 M&Ms. That way, it was a reward but not that much and not that expensive either. Then, when they went poop, they got something else like a cookie or one of those bite-sized candy bars. As they got better about going potty, I gradually "forgot" the treats until they didn't ask anymore. Megan also had a sticker chart (which works if they like stickers). You do have to remember to keep a small ziplock of candy in your diaper bag at all times but if a small reward works, great! You could also try something like an extra story before bed if she has no accidents all day.
Post a Comment