Melody

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tommy and Miranda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Maddie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 16, 2008

29 and still going strong

Oh the dreaded birthday! I was always an attention getter as a child and a teenager and I LOVED my birthday. I loved that it was at the beginning of the school year and that I got to go to school and get sung to in class. I loved getting new clothes after everyone else had already worn all of thier new school clothes so that I was stylin'. I loved getting preasents and having people make a fuss, but sadly those times are passed. I am sure it is a commentary on a few things that I no longer feel that way. First because I have a new focuss in my life and it is not myself. I would rather buy my kids new things and have them be stylish and get attention in my place. Also I am not thrilled about my age anymore. It is easy to be excited about turning 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 but since then the age thing has been an annoyance. Plus I don't look the way I did when I was those previously listed ages. I have had three children and my body has not bounced back like some peoples might have and do (grrrr). I'm working on that. Also I spent 16 months in a harsh environement in Argentina without always remembering to put on sun screen. My face has wrinkles from sun damage and smiling. Now I do not regret smiling or being in Argentina for that matter because they were both good things, but my face is paying a price. I am working on that too. I also have a growing streak of silver hair which started when i was 16, but I kind of thought it was cool back then. Mymom has offered to help contain that with a new cut and color for my birthday preasent (thanks mom). So anyway I don't exactly feel like being in the spotlight like I used to. But I do however love to be reminded of those who love me and I appreciate the little quiet best wishes and loves. I truely am blessed and even though I am not thrilled about my personal state of apperence, I can not help but be completly overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for those I am blessed to know and love. My family is wonderful. I have a wonderful husband that depite my flaws seem to be under the impression that I am beautiful and desirable. I have wonder ful children that fill my days with joy and happiness even if I have to clean up mess after mess. I know they love and appreciate me and tell me that they love me all day long. I have wonderful sisters, nieces and nephews, in-laws, parents and friends who constantly lift me up and make my life awesome! So on my birthday even though I wish the age was a littl lower I would not trade these 29 years for anything, not even a smokin bod and perfect hair and face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pam!!! It's me Bert (Stacey) Your family is so cute!! I miss you guys!, I'm glad to see all is well.

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Happy Birthday Pam! Hope your day is awesome!

Dan and Patrice said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Pam! You are beautiful inside and out! hey, at least you aren't as old as me :).

Dance

Pam's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones