Melody

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tommy and Miranda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Maddie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 24, 2009

No I don't have a cell phone.....

So as many of you have heard I had a bad day on Tuesday. I was on my way to the doctors office and it had been snowing lightly for about a half an hour. I got on the freeway and merged in to the second lane from the right going North bound and slowed down from about 40 mph to about 30 mph when all of the sudden a car from out of nowhere smacked me in my drivers side back bumper pushing me at an angle in to the lane next to me on the left. Because of the snow I was slipping and out of control. I ran right in to the front tire of a huge cement truck head on. Then the original car smacked me again in the back bumper. It was scary and not fun, but luckily I was not hurt and nobody else was in the accident. Also thankfully I did not have my kids with me and they were not trmatized by the accident or hurt. After the accident I was approched by several people. The first was a good sameritan who just saw that there was an accident and stopped to make sure everyone was ok. The second was a witness that had seen the whole thing from behind. The third was the HP officer and the fourth was the UDOT person who informed me that my car was in worse shape than I had thought and that i was leaking coolant all over the freeway. Every single one of these people asked me at least once weather or not I had a phone. I do not. I have not felt up until this point that a phone was really necessary, I mean 10 years ago practically nobody had a phone and everyone lived just fine without one. I have had a cell in the past, but when the twins were born we purchased a new home and I quit my job to stay home with my three beautiful kids. Whith these events came sacrifices and thus we have a land line but no cells. I have often irritated my family and friends by not having an easy way of getting a hold of me, but I have really just laughed it off in the past. I mean I don't want to be in constant contact with the world. I like being away from it all when I am out. I have realized this week it is not just about me and my need to get away and be free. If I had not been able to borrow the nice good semeritan's phone to call Danny and if I had had my kids in the car with me I have no idea what I would have done. Luckily the UDOT guy took pitty on me and drove me to the HP office where I could borrow a very discussting phone to call for a ride. If I had my children with me I would not have been able to hitch a ride with anyone. I would have been stuck on the freeway waiting for someone who could come get us with a vehicle big enough for all of our car seats, YUCK! So I have decided that a phone is needed. I am thinking about getting one of those Go Phones that I can stick in my glove compartment and only have on in an emergency. I know that Kelli and Patti will not be thrilled with this, but I really can't afford a fancy phone with all the bells and whistles and I truely don't want one. I know that I am an anomaly in a fast paced world. I know that Texting and IPhones and all that stuff is really fun in it's way, but I do not really care. Call me what you will, but no I do not have a cell phone.

No comments:

Dance

Pam's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones