Melody

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tommy and Miranda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Maddie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

February 25, 2009

Something to Blog about....

I have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging. I have not, however, been a slacker with some other things. I have decided lately that I am interested in becoming a better homemaker. I have not had a lot of time on my hands since the twins were born, but now that they are getting bigger I have found that there is more time for self improvement. We have been working on our food storage and now have about a 6 month supply of food for our family. I did not know how to use my wheat and if something were to happen we would have a ton of wheat that I wouldn't know what to to with. So I asked my sister-in-law who cooks all natural, organic and sugar free for her family. She gave me instructions and a recipe for honey whole wheat bread. I tried it yesterday and it turned out delisioso! My kids have been begging me for some ever since it came out of the oven. Yeah!

Kelli and I also decided that we were going to get crafty. So we went to the fabric store and bought the makings for tutus for Melody and MaKayla. Well they turned out pretty darn cute! Their dance teacher oohed and Awed all about them.

I have also decided that I am going to learn how to sew. I have very little experience in this area, but my mother-in-law is a wonder full seamstress and she is going to help me learn. I have decided to make dresses for my girls. I hope they turn out alright. I will keep you all posted.

So in short I am busy doing all sorts of things that are new.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It was really weird when I was reading your blog because I have another friend who's titled her blog THE HANSENS and she also has twins... weird?

Anyway, I made a tutu for Leah a few months ago and she loved it, I don't think I used the right tule though because it just doesn't stay the right shape. I was impressed with how ridiculously easy it was to make though.

I, also, am wanting to embark on the sewing adventure. I even asked Matt to get me a maching for my birthday.

Cathy said...

You are amazing! I really want your recipe.
Love you tons,
Mom

Dance

Pam's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones