So yesterday afternoon I was down in my basement as I am now, writing a little thing about my mission bag for my relief society birthday party last night. I had the door locked and I thought my kids were all entertaining themselves for a minute. Melody came down and told me that Miranda's bike was outside and that it was starting to rain. I told her to open the garage and bring it in then close the garage and come back in. I assumed that was what happened (I know I should never assume when it comes to Melody). A few minutes later I came upstairs and only Tommy and Miranda and Bracken were anywhere to be found. I asked where Maddalyn was and Miranda said she was in her bed. Ok... so I went up to her room, no baby. I then heard a knock at the door. I ran downstairs and my sister was there with Walley in tow. She said that he was running down the street so she stopped to grab him. Sheer panic! I ran out the door and down the street. I then saw Melody and my good friend Holly coming up the street from the circle where she lives with Maddalyn in her arms. It is blowing like crazy, getting cold and starting to rain at this point.
Apparently Melody had accidentally let the dog out when she went out to get the bike and went chasing him down the street (I have told them about a billion times not to chase him if he gets out) and Maddalyn followed. Instead of telling me that the dog had run away and bring Maddie back in she went to her friend's house to get her mom to help (my friend Holly). Luckily Holly opened the door for her even though she had not wanted any friends over at that time and eventually noticed little Maddie there with Melody.
what would I do without my good neighbors? What am I going to do with my silly 6 year old? One more scare to take years off of my life. Thank Heavens it all worked out and nobody got hurt. I learned my lesson that I need to be the one to bring in bikes in the rain from now on until all of my kids can be safe outside on their own.
April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















2 comments:
My sweet Pamela; you definitely have your hands full each and every day. I can only begin to imagine your panic and my heart goes out to you. So glad things worked out okay and little Maddie, Melody and Wally are all safe. You are my hero!
Love you so much!
Mom
So, where's Maddie now?
Just kidding.
I absolutely love all the spunk and independence your kids have.
Post a Comment