Melody

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tommy and Miranda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Maddie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

February 18, 2010

A Bit of Isolation


Having a new baby is really fun, exciting and memorable. It is so nice to have time to yourself to take care of your family and your adjustment to a new member of the family. I am enjoying this new little one quite a bit. True, she is not a great sleeper, and I am not used to that, but she is so cute it is hard to be put out by it. My other little kidlets are having a good adjustment. Miranda is having the hardest time. She is just not sure how to express her distress at all of the changes in her life so unfortunately she has been taking it out on her baby sister. I have had to shield Maddalyn from her squeezing and pinching. So far there have not been any real injuries, hopefully it stays that way. So here we are, doing well and adjusting to four children under one roof. Only one problem. We have been pretty isolated from the world. My one connection has been my wonderful baby sister and her willingness to come and play with us a few times a week. I would have to say that without her I would be lost. I know she can tell how much I need her and her willingness to come and help me with my kids and to hold Maddalyn so I can deal with the other little ones with two hands. Thanks Kells!

I have a major case of spring fever. I can't wait till I can take my kids to the park and let them play and I can lay out a blanket and let Maddalyn kick till her hearts content. I want to be rid of the socks and coats of winter. I loath socks. I am not a big fan of laundry, but I HATE matching socks. I can't wait till I can fill up the kiddie pool and set up the sprinklers for my kids to play in while I sit in the warm shade with Maddie and I can read a good book. Sigh.

I am not trying to hurry Maddie past this newborn stage or make her grow up too fast. I am going to have a 5 year old in a few weeks and I can hardly believe she is so big so fast. I miss her baby face. I don't want to rush Maddie past it too. I guess that is what will get me through these yucky lonely cold days. A beautiful baby who always wants me to hold her and who never tells me that she hates me or hits her siblings.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a sweet thing to say! You know that I love ya!

Dance

Pam's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones