Melody

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tommy and Miranda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Maddie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 10, 2008

Spring Fever Already

Happy New Year (a little late)
It has been crazy around here getting the house cleaned up from Christmas and trying to keep my kids entertained on these snowy days. If Melody had her way I would spend half my day getting her ready to go outside and then she would spend a grand total of 5 minutes outside because it is too cold. I have been trying to do more crafts and activities for them. We have made cookies and organized toys and rooms. I have to say I am getting spring fever already.

I have been reading a lot more often lately since I got 5 new books for Christmas. I had never read the Harry Potter books before (I know I am so out of it) and Kelli gave me the first 4 for Christmas. It is nice to have them. Danny gave me the last of the Bloody Jack series too and it was fun Reading it too. I used to be totally anti reading, but now I love it. I get through 400 pages in about 2 days. I stay up late and get up early just to read.

I broke my toe last Friday on my couch and I have been hobbling around trying to get everything done in pain. It has gotten o the point that it doesn't hurt unless I put on shoes or one of my kids bumps it or steps on it, which happens more often than I thought because it seems I always have a little person at my feet trying to get me to pick them up.

Danny and I got a great present from my mother in law for Christmas, 24 hours of babysitting. Danny and I used it on New Years. My dad hooked us up with a room at a great rate at Little America and we went to dinner and stayed up to watch the ball drop, then we went to lunch and a movie on my parents since they gave us a gift card to Jordan Landing. I even got to go shopping and get me a few new things which are very much appreciated and needed. It was nice not having to change a diaper for 24 hours or fix meals or clean up messes. It was a much needed vacation and it gave a great start to a new year.




4 comments:

Lori said...

How wonderful to get a break! I love it when my Mom will take my kids overnight. I usually don't know what to do with my self or my time though.
You should come hang out with me and my play group sometimes. It would be good for your kids and you to get out. I'll let you know what and when. E-mail me so I have your address though. lorismurph@yahoo.com
Lori

Patti :) said...

Umm-Umm I gave you those books, not Kelli!!
I am glad you are enjoying them though :)

Kelli said...

I will gladly take the credit for the books hahaha!

Cathy said...

I think I have spring fever too! It usually hits after Christmas is all cleaned up. You are a good mom; and it always helps you be a better mom when you get a break once in a while. I'll bet you missed those little ones more than you thought you would!
Love you tons,
Mom

Dance

Pam's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones