December 13, 2007
Christmas Shopping
Well we are almost done with the Chistmas shopping chore. It really is fun thinking of things to get everyone on yourlist, but it is a big task. I am excited that I have had so much help from all of my family this year. I am excited to see my kids faces on Christmas morning. I hope that Melody starts to really get it this year. I have been trying to explain the whole santa concept and it has been rough. She says HoHOHO whenever we see a santa on a front lawn or in a picture, but the fact that he comes and brings her presents on Christmas is a little fuzzy. It is so fun to see that spark of magic start to take hold of her. I really hope my kids believe for a while. I really feel that it is healthy to beleive in santa and reindeer and all of the magic of childhood. There have been some people that have been trying to tell me that it is wrong to tell your children those things, but I think it is not healthy not to. Of course the Savior is the center of the season, and I try to focuss on this also, but I think that as long as Santa doesn't distract from the nativity it is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















2 comments:
I always told my kids that Santa would come for them as long as they believed. When they stopped believing, he couldn't come any more. After all, the magic of Santa is in the believing. I love the cute pictures of your kids. And I love you!
Without the magic the world is a scary place, keep it alive as long as possible!!
Post a Comment